Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A NOT SO GREAT LONE STAR QUILT!

I made a Lone Star quilt ONCE back in 1982.  I took a class back then from the wonderful Blanche Young -- she was a great teacher and a pioneer in strip piecing techniques.  Unfortunately, my quilt did not measure up to her beautiful class samples.  My piecing was OK; but, oh! my fabric choices were so bad.

Lone Star, 1982, Machine pieced, hand quilted

When my grandmother saw this quilt, she said, "That's the ugliest quilt I've ever seen."  She was never at a loss for words!  I have to agree with her sentiment.
This is not a very good photo.  The quilt is still around here somewhere hidden in my stacks. So I could dig it out and take a better photo, but I don't think it is worth the effort.  Let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm joining the following:
Val's Quilting Studio for Tuesday Archives
Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday

1 comment:

Bernie Kringel said...

It isn't ugly - so much work must have gone into piecing that quilt. I am afraid of tackling something like a Lone Star - Don't they require Y seams? I think your work looks really good! I bet it is the colors that bother you most. But really, it isn't ugly at all. :-)