Wednesday, August 16, 2017

BETSEY'S BLOCK TABLE RUNNER

I was blessed with some sewing time last week so I finished this table runner.
I'm always intrigued with a quilt setting that appears to obliterate the seams of the block resulting in a secondary pattern.
This is the block I started with --- one of my favorite blocks -- "Betsey's Block".
By off-setting the blocks and alternating colors, a secondary zig-zag pattern appears. 
The blocks are 3" and the runner finished out at 16" x 25".  It was paper-pieced and machine quilted.

Time for a new project!  I'm thinking of pulling out the bin of 1930s reproduction scraps.

I'm joining the following:
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday

6 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, it's darling! I had not heard of this block before, but love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like those secondary designs too! Nice patriotic colors!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I'm not sure if I've seen this block before. With the fabrics you chose, it does make a stunning finish. Have a great weekend! Andrea

Louca por porcelana said...

Very beautiful!

Sandy Panagos said...

That block looks really different now that it's set into the table runner. Very nice!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very pretty and what a good idea to offset the blocks!