Saturday, April 14, 2018

PINEAPPLE SALAD

I have not had a lot of sewing time this last month, but I finally finished "Pineapple Salad".

Still not a lot of signs of Spring in our part of Colorado -- it has been cold and windy.  It took several days for the wind to die down so I could get these few shots of the quilt.
It was a fun quilt to make with different fabrics and a few chosen words interspersed.



This wind-blown shot shows the backing fabric.
The Stats:
Pineapple Salad, 2018, 24" x 24".
Paper pieced, machine quilted. Sixteen 6-inch blocks with 41 pieces each for a total of 656 pieces.

And, don't forget to "Create Joy"!

I'm joining the following:
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Ems Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
What a Hoot Quilts for BOMS Away Monday
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

9 comments:

chrisknits said...

It is stunning!! the aqua binding frames it nicely. Great job!

time4stitchn said...

Wonderful Love your pineapple quilt: so bright and cheery with all your fresh fabrics. I like how you quilted it as well. Yeah for the finish!

Bonnie said...

Very nice. I hope you are planning to hang it in your house somewhere where you can enjoy it daily. It's such a fun quilt.

For the love of geese said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Adding those words to your quilt makes it so special Sally. I love that you did that. It is such a happy quilt! Thank you for sharing it on MCM!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Totally tempted to start a pineapple quilt for myself!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Pineapple quilts are always so effective - great work! That backing is perfect for it.

Sharon said...

This is one of the most beautiful quilts I've seen in a long time on a blog post! Great colors. I love to paper piece so this has inspired me to try a pineapple quilt. The backing fabric is perfect as well.

Danette said...

This is an awesome quilt! And I love how you have quilted the rays and diamonds!