Tuesday, October 2, 2018

BOOKCASE QUILT

I've come late to the bookcase-quilt bandwagon.

My granddaughter is a book lover and reader, and indicated she would like some of Barnes and Noble's Classic Editions to add to her collection for her 22nd birthday gift.
I figured she needed a bookcase quilt to go with the books I bought for her.

I made it in three units incorporating some of her favorite books plus some imaginary ones.
She loves pretty book covers, so it was fun digging in my scraps for different fabrics.
I incorporated striped fabric and machine embroidery on some of the books.
Also, I used a couple of family pictures to accent the shelves.

No pattern -- as usual, I just made it up as I went.  A fun project, but time intensive --- I probably won't make another bookcase quilt.


THE STATS:
"Caitlin's Bookcase Quilt", 2018, 22" x 44",
Machine pieced, paper pieced, machine appliqued, machine embroidered, machine quilted.  The printing was computer generated on my home printer.

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Em's Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday

4 comments:

mb-RI said...

How lovely! Your daughter must have loved this quilt!

JanineMarie said...

It warms my heart that your granddaughter asked for real hold-in-your-hands books for her birthday. And a quilt is the perfect companion for reading them. What a sweet gift! I love your title on the spine at the bottom, and the photos on the shelves. Truly a gift of love.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It sure turned out cute. I bet she loves it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Bonnie said...

What a great bookcase quilt! I love the printed names on the books. And, was the quilting one really the label for the quilt? Too, too cute. Nice job.