Wednesday, September 15, 2021

TENETS



 Occasionally, I enjoy working in a crazy quilt format.  It is easy with no corners to match; an unlimited color scheme using up small fabric scraps; design as you go with no expectations; plus fun practice on my new sewing machine.  It is relaxing and with a little introspection, you have cheap therapy all rolled up in a small quilt!  This is "Tenets".


The Stats:  Tenets, 2021, 25" x 28", Foundation pieced, machine embroidered, machine pieced, machine quilted.



A word or two about the title, "Tenets".  To me it means the personal philosophy that I attempt to follow in my life.  Sometimes, I fail miserably, but I try to "get up and try again".  The other words/phrases included in this crazy quilt (and life) are a snippet of those tenets that I attempt to live by.




Our son, the high school math teacher, says that the only way to learn math is to do it again and again.  I was struggling with the learning curve on my new sewing machine; so I decided to listened to his advice and apply it to my machine.  This quilt gave me time (and time again) to practice on most of the available tools of my machine.  I feel that I am the master of it now!!!  It pays to listen to your kids occasionally.




No comments: