Monday, July 3, 2023

HOORAY FOR HOOPLA

I was in the mood for something fast and easy, so was perusing one of the books I wrote in the 2000s for an idea.  In the book, "Traditional Two Block Quilts", I came upon "Hoopla".  At the time I designed and made it, the publishing process was in a rush; and there was no time to remake it.  I was not satisfied that the stars did not show up in the quilt because of the fabric I chose.  It was shipped off for photography anyway.  Major regrets!!!!  

In this remake, I think I rectified that; plus changed the connecting block design to simplify.  Because of the more definition of the pattern with these fabric choices; I decided to forgo a border and just use a yellow binding.  Do-overs are satisfying.


STATS:  "Hooray for Hoopla", 2023, 28"X28", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, Machine quilted.



The original, regrettable "Hoopla":



2 comments:

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

I do like the remake very much and assume it is what you had in mind for the original version. However, the original version as shown seems to have had an interesting partial repeat also.

When looking at quilt patterns I often wonder if it is really the pattern I like or the color/fabric choices. I always love being surprised by the (hidden/less obvious) secondary pattern that appears on the second, longer look.

Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Excellent redo. I wonder how many alternatives you could get out of this combo of two blocks?