Sunday, July 23, 2023

PARCHEESI




I have admired old game boards for years at antique stores.  To me, their designs remind me of a quilt.  Always thought I would make a quilt and call it 'parcheesi', my favorite childhood board game.  I even bought this star fabric back in the early 2000s just for that purpose.  Sometimes, I'm a slow starter!!

This was a quick, easy project -- a couple of days and done!!  What have I been waiting for?



THE STATS:  Parcheesi, 2023, 18" x 18", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, Machine appliqued, and Machine quilted.

 This quilt is just my interpretation of a homemade, folk-art style game board before printed boards were available.   Modern board games took off when Parker Bros. acquired the patent for Monopoly.   This was my childhood era, and below are my board games that have survived and been played by my immediate three generations of family.






No comments: