Thursday, November 2, 2023

GOOD CHEER



 I wanted something new to use this upcoming Christmas season, so I went with red, green, and beige; and two simple paper-pieced blocks.  I didn't count how many different fabrics I used, but it was a bunch in my ongoing efforts to use up my scraps that I have accumulated over 40+ years.


THE STATS:  "Good Cheer", 2023, 33"x33", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, 
Machine quilted.


THE NAME:  "Good Cheer" comes from a poem I was supposed to say as a four-year old at the annual Sunday School Christmas pageant.  It goes like this:  "Christmas comes but once a year; and when it comes, it brings GOOD CHEER".  Well, Sally couldn't follow the rules even then.  Instead, I said, "I'm a cute little girl with a cute little figure; stand back boys until I get a little bigger."  My family and the Sunday school teacher were horrified; thus ending my acting career forever.



1 comment:

Tam said...

Hilarious!!!