Friday, March 1, 2024

SKYVIEW

 Do-overs!!   Sometimes I do a quilt over because I just wasn't happy with the original result, either because of the design or the fabric/color choices.  Other times, I repeat a quilt simply because I liked the design and enjoyed making the original.  That is the case with this quilt.

The original quilt was called "Park Lane Vista" named after a childhood memory.  It was designed and made in my two-block journey in 1992.  It was not in my book, Traditional Two Block Quilts, because it had previously been published in Quiltmaker Magazine Issue #31.


I have always wanted to make a smaller version as a wall hanging or table cover with different fabrics but similar colors and feel.  Now is the time to find out if after 32 years; and losing eyesight in one eye, and diminished in the other, if I could still get all of those 200+ star points to line up.  


Not too shabby, I guess.  My muscle memory is a blessing.  From many years of experience, I can feel the nesting of points in my fingers when sewing!

THE STATS:  Skyview, 2024, 32" x 32", Paper Pieced, Machine Pieced, Machine Quilted




No comments: