Wednesday, April 17, 2024

BROWNIE POINTS

To me, the equivalent in quilting to comfort food is the log cabin block in all of its variations.  I needed that comfort, so here is another variation of a quarter log cabin.  I've chosen 1/2-inch logs for a 4-inch block in browns and pinks.  In the interest of frugality, the border is composed of 15 strips of leftover pink scraps.


THE STATS:  Brownie Points, 2024,  26"X26", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, Machine quilted.  Number nerd reports 484 pieces in the top.

The best view of this quilt is up close looking at all of the different fabrics and shades of beige, brown, and pink.

In childhood long ago, I was a Brownie (the step before Girl Scouts).  I don't think I lasted very long; as they wanted to do all of those outdoorsy things, which I didn't find fun at all!  They must have felt sorry for me, and let me into Girl Scouts for a trial period!  At the very least, I hope I got BROWNIE POINTS for good behavior.  Amazing that I still have my two pins -- why? I don't know.


P.S.:  No surprise that I never earned any Girl Scout badges but I survived, even though I have eaten a few Girl Scout cookies over the years!



No comments: