Thursday, May 17, 2018

2018 DONATION PROJECT

Every year I try to do a donation project of some kind involving more effort than money (since I have more time than money!)

Last year, I made 36 items of clothing for an American Girl doll; donated them to a 'court support for children' organization's annual auction; I was overwhelmed with the amount of money the doll clothes raised for the organization.

This year, I decided to switch gears when I was asked to organize, design and make a signature quilt for the permanent collection of Colorado Quilting Council to celebrate its 40th anniversary.  I have been involved with CQC since almost the beginning, and have made many wonderful friends at meetings and events.  I expect to obtain at least 200 signatures of members, and have started to assemble the quilt.  Members are also involved by donating 'fat 8ths' of red fabrics for the project.

The design is to remain a secret, but here is what I'm working with --- lots of luscious red fabrics and 100++ signature squares.

I expect this will take most of my sewing time for the next couple of months, so posts on this blog will be sparse.  A hint --- I will be busy making 100s of flying geese units!!

And, I'm enjoying every minute of it reliving fun times with this group.

I'm joining the following:
Em's Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday

1 comment:

Miaismine said...

What fun! Reminds me of the signature quilt in the Elm Creek Series that was used to raise funds for their building! Looking forward to seeing your "flying" progress!