Tuesday, March 23, 2021

BOHO JUXTAPOSITION

 I somehow missed the 1960s/1970s!  We were the right age to have had a roaring good time, too; but guess we were so entrenched in Bob building an engineering career, and I was busy rearing babies and feathering our nest.  Also, at the time, I was not interested in the feminist movement; as I was perfectly happy in the traditional stay-at-home homemaker role.  I always was and still am after 62 years of marriage. I cherish every day that I get to stay home.  I haven't minded the pandamic and my health issues during 2020 at all.

The one thing that I regret missing was all of the wild and crazy fabrics available for clothes and the home.  Therefore, I have always wanted to make a quilt with something a little wild.  Now that there are a lot of those fabrics in the market and quilt stores, it is now time for me to live in the 60s/70s!


This is a do-over of my previous quilt, Juxtaposition, now using mostly Kaffe Fassett fabrics with some others worked in.

The Stats:  Boho Juxtaposition, 2021, 23"x23", Paper pieced, machine pieced, and machine quilted.

Below is the first Juxtaposition.  Both quilts are actually more photogenic than some of my others. Did I just assign a human trait to a quilt?


Well, that is enough of the era for me.  By the way, I never owned a mini-skirt, bell-bottom pants, or a long flowing, brightly patterned dress.  I didn't want to scare my children.  Actually my grandchildren like this new quilt.


No comments: