Wednesday, March 17, 2021

KEEPSAKE STAR RELIVED

After a couple of months working occasionally on this quilt, I finally finished it yesterday.

The "Keepsake Star" quilt first appeared in my book, "Keepsake Signature Quilts" in 2003.


The original quilt, made in 2001, as it appeared in the book:
I loved the way it came together with signature blocks, but I have wanted for years to make it in other fabrics.  
I'll always cherish the orginal quilt; as it is a reminder of a fun, teaching trip to Michigan --- thanks to a quilting friend from long ago, Helen Buzzell, of Marshall, Michigan.

This time around I chose reproduction fabrics (Civil War era), and scaled the pattern down for a smaller quilt.  However, the orginal pattern is in the book, page 60.
I wanted to try some different fabrics and color combining red and purple this time.

I'm finally, after five years, getting used to machine quilting; but I wish I could still be able to hand quilt.  This quilt contains some time-consuming machine quilting on my small domestic machine.  


The Stats:  Keepsake Star Relived, 2021, 29"x29", Paper pieced, machine pieced, and machine quilted.  Fun fact -- there are 200 star points in this small quilt.


This was really in my comfort zone --- going to try something new for me next!

No comments: