Saturday, September 30, 2023

APEX

 If a person can have a favorite geometric shape, mine is an isosceles triangle.  Guess that is why they keep appearing in my quilts. 

THE STATS:  APEX, 2023, 31" X 31". Paper Pieced, Machine Pieced, Machine Applique, Machine Quilted

 A personal story to end this post:   I know I'm a geometry and numbers nerd. This is the story how I grew to love math. The saddest time of my entire education was in third grade.  I was sick and out of school for six weeks; my great-grandmother even came from California to take care of me, so Mother could continue to work.  I missed the whole unit on the multiplication tables in those six weeks.  Sadly, no home-school from Grandmother; but I was determined to catch up and loved it.  I ended up taking lots of college-level math classes, but I still rely on my calculator for multiplication.  Never underestimate the importance of a third-grade math teacher.

No comments: