Monday, September 4, 2023

BREAD AND BUTTER


It happens!  Sometimes I can't get going on a quilt I want to make. Maybe I just need a couple of fat quarters of a particular color or even a whole infusion of fabric.  Or, I need something like a heat and bond product, or more of my favorite piecing thread.  Whatever -- I need a trip to my out-of-town quilt shopping sources, and our schedules (my other life) or the weather preclude the trip.  Well!!!  I get 'out of sorts' if I don't sew each day, so I need what I call a placeholder project.  This usually involves a simple, small block from my scraps and repeated many times for a geometric design; lots of mindless, repetitive sewing over an intermittent period of time.  This is such a quilt, and I finally finished the sixty-four 4" blocks needed.


The simple block repeated 64 times --


THE STATS:  "Bread and Butter",  2023, 40"x 40", Paper Pieced, Machine Pieced, Machine Quilted.


It may be nothing special, but I like it and enjoyed scrounging through my brown, yellow, and beige scraps which span several decades!  

Not just bread and butter, but probably a little peanut butter thrown in!

Edited to add:  These aren't very good photos -- the sun was so bright and hot that I didn't have a lot of patience.  I'll retake them for documentation someday when conditions are better.  The quilt is not that spectacular any way, but the pictures didn't help!!

No comments: