Thursday, September 14, 2017

FALLING LEAVES TABLE RUNNER

 I just finished this table runner for my next-door neighbor.  It was fun to make as she requested Fall colors -------
The runner is 13" x 36" and contains 38 different fabrics culled from my stash/scrap bins.
It is machine pieced, and machine quilted with random wavy lines.
 The yellow/gold glow in the center reminds me of the aspen trees in our beautiful Rocky Mountains during the autumn.

I'm joining the following:
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share your Cup Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday
What a Hoot Quilts for BOMS Away Monday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Ems Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the pretty colours in your table runner, and the little squares in the centre look great. I'm sure your friend will just love it!

mangozz said...

You did a beautiful job on the table runner! Nice fabrics too!

grammajudyb said...

That is a great fall table runner. It does certainly remind me of the aspens in the Rockies. Is it a purchased pattern, or did you just "wing it"?

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out beautifully!! I'm sure you are well pleased with your finish.

Vicki in MN said...

She has good taste and you have a good sense of color-it's very pretty!

SarahZ said...

How very pretty! A wonderful design for a table runner!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Salmagundi,
WOW - this is a beautiful table runner. I love the green shade you used in the middle - it sure goes look like aspen. I'm 100% sure your neighbor just loves this! ~smile~ Roseanne

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

The colors are so pretty and the ombre effect is perfect for your table runner. I bet your neighbor is going to *love* it!

Julie said...

You've done a nice job of grading your colors to an ombre effect, and the squares down the center keep it feeling very cohesive. It definitely feels like a fall project. I'm sure your neighbor is thrilled with this beautiful piece. Nice work!

Lynette said...

This is just beautiful! Superb color use here. :D