Thursday, July 5, 2018

JULY 4TH SEWING

I was fortunate to celebrate my freedom yesterday by sewing all day ---- in the morning, I worked on a quilted baby gift project.  It's almost done; and I'll post it after the baby is born.

In the afternoon, I made a little 6" quilt, a small project I've wanted to do for some time.
I have inherited several pins, etc. that belonged to my family that I usually display on the patriotic holidays in a little dish.  But, I've been thinking they would be better displayed pinned on a little quilt.
Included are my great-grandmother's Carrie Nation's hatchet pin, a couple of my grandfather's political pins, my dad's 1956 Eisenhower for President pin, and my uncle's WWII dog tag and ribbon.
Now, these treasures have a permanent home and hopefully won't get lost.
Hope your 4th of July was celebrated with joy.

P.S.:  I inherited the pins, not necessarily their political affiliation!!

I'm joining the following:
Have a Daily Cup for Share your Cup Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday

1 comment:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful mini quilt, a great place to hold family memories!