Monday, August 19, 2019

ROUNDABOUT

I have always enjoyed combining two different blocks in a quilt to produce secondary patterns.  This is an idea I have used repeatedly over the years.  Especially, it is fun to combine 45 degree triangles with 60 degree triangles to give the illusion of curves.

These are the two blocks I alternated in this design.

 The centers for block #1 were fussy-cut to make center medallions.


Part of the design was carried into the border to partially complete the illusion of a curve.

"THE STATS"
Roundabout, 2019, 27"x27", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, Machine Quilted
I'm joining the following:
Em's Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
Cooking up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
What a Hoot Quilts for BOMS Away Monday
So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday
Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers Wednesday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I get a Whoop Whoop Friday

4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love your fussy cut centers especially. Beautiful quilt!

Susie H said...

Beautiful! Great touch to have the special centers. Adds exactly the right touch. I also like 2-block quilts. So many design choices.

Lynette said...

Nice! I really love your fussy cut centers. They give a terrific variety without being distracting.

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful! Well done!