Saturday, July 16, 2022

REBOUND

 In my early assocation with "Quilter's Newsletter" and "Quiltmaker" magazines, they asked me to make a couple of sister quilts -- two different quilts made using the same pattern, the same colors, but with different fabrics creating a different look.  That was 1993.  Finally in 2022, I have made their step-brother.  It's the same construction idea with different proportions, different colors and fabrics, and a different outcome.


The sister quilts were published in "Quiltmaker" magazine in the August 1993 issue.

NOCTURNE #1


NOCTURNE #2

And now ---

REBOUND

THE STATS:  Rebound, 2022, 32"x32", Machine pieced, Machine quilted.

PS:  Incidentally, my absolute favorite and smartest childhood dog was named Rebound.  She lived a very long life with my parents even after I was married! This has nothing to do with this quilt, but I do often think of her allegiance fondly.

1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts! And, sweet memories!!