Tuesday, August 16, 2022

DOODLES AND DANDIES


 Psychologists have studied doodlers trying to figure out why they doodle.  The reasons range from "expressing ourselves without words" to "occupying our right-brain so our left-brain can concentrate on listening".  I've always been a doodler for every reason imaginable; except I'm certainly not exhibiting my artistic drawing ability, of which I have none.  My sixth-grade art teacher made that very clear!!!

  I have done some study on the friendship quilts from the 19th century to the present, and notice that signatures are often accompanied with drawings.  I thought I can't draw, but maybe I can doodle; so in 1992 I started experimenting.  Some doodling on quilts has occasionally been going on since then.

I decided a crazy quilt format called for doodles, embroidery, and ribbons. 

Here's the latest ----





 THE STATS:  Doodles and Dandies, 2022, 25"x25", Foundation pieced, Machine ribbon applique, Machine pieced, Machine embroidered, Machine quilted, and lots of thread.

Always fun to work on a crazy quilt with no points to match and no expectations, plus always an unexpected result.



1 comment:

Dawn Embry-Rodriguez said...

❤️ love the doodle idea