Tuesday, July 23, 2024

EYE OF THE STORM




This great fabric was a gift from my friend, Susan, that she purchased at a quilt store in Hawaii.  I have some wonderful, thoughtful friends!


 I knew I would use it in a pineapple block, as I always enjoy working with this traditional design.  Depending on the distribution and choice of fabrics/colors, a different look appears every time!



THE STATS:  Eye of the Storm, 2024, 32"x32", Paper Pieced, Machine Pieced, Machine Quilted.

The eye of the storm is normally associated with a bad storm or a hurricane; but it also has another meaning.  If a person is at the eye of a storm, they are considered to be in the middle of a conflict or disagreement that affects others.  Politics????

Some of my other pineapple-block quilts:

SCALLOPED PINEAPPLE   2021


OUT AND ABOUT   2023


DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE   2021   


PINEAPPLE SALAD   2018




No comments: