Sunday, October 1, 2017

FLOWER BASKETS

I can now cross off baskets from my quilt bucket list.  I had made a regular-pieced basket quilt for my second book in 2004; but I always wanted to try a paper-pieced pattern.  I satisfied that urge with just 12 blocks.  This little quilt measures 24" square.
It is machine quilted --- I'm still practicing on that; but, hopefully improving.


Here is the 2004 quilt --- I think I like it better.  It is machine pieced and hand quilted measuring 49" square, called "Bountiful Baskets".


On to the next quilt ------

I'm joining the following:
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Ems Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
What a Hoot Quilts for BOMS away Monday
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

4 comments:

mangozz said...

I love your little basket quilt! I want to do a similar one with those same handles but need to finish some other projects first. I really like the colors too. Your machine quilting looks good to me, as I am still practicing mine.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

When I first saw the picture of your quilt I thought it was larger. :) Those basket blocks must be small, but they sure are cute! I like both quilts. And your quilting looks great!

Snap said...

I love both of your basket quilts. They are so different. Gorgeous!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, your quilting is gorgeous! I have always love that Bountiful baskets pattern. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann