Sunday, March 11, 2018

TWO NEW PROJECTS --- PINEAPPLE SALAD AND A WOOL CRAZY QUILT

 I have started a couple of new projects, which is unusual for me to have more than one project going at the same time.

On my 'to do' quilt list for several years has been the traditional pineapple block.  The intricacy of the block in my desired 6" size has held me back.  Forty-one pieces in a 6" block are SMALL!  When I realized I could paper-piece the block which would eliminate the accuracy issue; I gathered some white and bright scraps and was good to go.
So far, I have 8 blocks of "Pineapple Salad" done ---
But, I found I needed a diversion project.  Six-inch pineapple blocks are pretty intense ---- my shoulder was starting to tighten up eliminating one of the reasons I quilt --- to avoid stress!!!!

So, I've started a mindless wool, crazy quilt project to alternate with the pineapple quilt project ---
I've saved up kid's drawings, bible verses, etc. that I want to transfer to fabric and integrate in a crazy quilt.

Hopefully, one or the other will be my next finished project.  Time will tell.

I'm joining the following:
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Em's Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday

7 comments:

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice pineapple blocks. I would like to learn more about paper piecing; especially since I know nothing about it. I have been wanting to do the pineapple pattern so maybe paper piecing is the way to go. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

A pineapple quilt is on my Must Make list, too. Yours is looking beautiful! Can't beat the accuracy of paper piecing as long as one starts with a big enough scrap of fabric.

Karen said...

The aqua really pops in your pineapple blocks.

dq said...

Ooh! I just L O V E pineapple quilts. They are fun to make too! I love the scrappy style too.

Danette said...

Your pineapple blocks are awesome! I am paper piecing a quilt top now. I do enjoy the final look of the block. They're much more precise than some of my traditionally-pieced blocks.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh your pineapple sale is totally delicious!! I have been thinking I want to do something with the creative grids pineapple ruler I bought last year, you might have pushed me over the edge:)

Miaismine said...

Your pineapple quilt is coming along beautifully! I'm impressed with your work!