Tuesday, October 16, 2018

DECORATING WITH QUILTS FOR 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Our 60th wedding anniversary has come and gone!  A project I have enjoyed over the last couple of years was making small quilts to use as table decorations for our reception/celebration/hoopla.



I also made two long table runners for the food tables ---








a wool crazy quilt with memorable appliques for the registration 
table ---
(Yes, that is a picture on the table of Bob and I on first date in 7th grade.)







a smaller runner for one of the memorabilia tables ---







there were 11 large, round tables for
 guests ---







the garden flowers were arranged by my talented granddaughter, 
Caitlin ---









my husband made the wooden boxes to hold the flowers ---






the flowers were gathered from our garden and the garden of a generous
 friend ---








One of the round tables did not get photographed; plus several of the small quilts were not used.
As usual, I over-planned!!!

Being a quiltmaker and my husband a wood worker; it was a fun family effort.  Then, to have our granddaughter work on the flowers was a bonus.


I'm joining the following:
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop Friday
Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Em's Scrapbag for Moving it forward Monday
What a Hoot Quilts for BOMS Away Monday


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many nice little quilts, the perfect decoration for such a special day. Congratulations on your anniversary!

chrisknits said...

It all looks so lovely! What a great way to celebrate your years together.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning! Congratulations to you and your husband. Sixty years together is quite an accomplishment! {{Hugs}} I am so glad you were able to celebrate with family and friends, and your granddaughter looks so cute arranging the flowers. Your table toppers and runner are all so pretty. I'll bet your guests loved looking at all of the variety, and probably wishes they could take one or two home with them. It looks like your husband is quite talented in woodworking. I'll bet he has come in handy over the years, perhaps making a quilt holder or two for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great idea, your talents both work for celebrating your anniversary! It made a beautiful and welcoming place for your guests!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

So many beautiful quilts! Using them for decoration was a great idea. And Congrats on your anniversary! 60 years is amazing and wonderful. Thanks for sharing on MCM!

Lynette said...

How wonderful! This post makes my heart happy. Well done - SIXTY YEARS, you guys!! That is amazing. I was just thinking that our 30th next year is pretty darn cool to think about. But I also often think that while my dream is to get to live until 80, I'll actually be quite happy to reach 60. For my whole life. And to contemplate that you two have shared that long together, is a very beautiful, privileged, and hard-earned creation. Certainly fitting for a custom-crafted reception. Thanks for sharing :)

Heide said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate. Congrats on the 60 years! Everything looked lovely.