Monday, January 18, 2021

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE


2020 was quite a year, wasn't it?  I spent a lot of the year 'going down a rabbit hole'.  Sometimes, I was going down to search for information; but at times, it was just introspection.  Therefore, my first quilt for 2021 is entitled "Down the Rabbit Hole". 

This quilt may appear dark and foreboding; but to me it is a happy quilt.  I have really enjoyed my trips down each of my rabbit holes, gaining so much knowledge about pandemics, the U.S. political system, and current events.  Personally, I've enjoyed learning more about my ancestor's political involvement in the 1880-1930s; and how that shaped (or didn't) my thoughts and lifestyle for the last 82 years. Yes, 2020 was quite a year.

It is really a pineapple block on point just disguised by color and/or fabric choice.  I picked the fabrics of each block to indicate the intricate layers of my personal rabbit holes.


THE STATS:  "Down the rabbit hole", 2021, 22"x22", Paper pieced, Machine quilted, 529 pieces, 103 different fabrics.

May your New Year be safe and filled with joy!

No comments: