Saturday, February 13, 2021

SPRINGFEST

 In anticipation of Spring, I decided to make a lighter, brighter small quilt instead of the darker quilts I have been making during the pandamic.  I was fooled that Spring was on its way --- not yet! The temperature this morning is 6 degrees fahrenheit; but the sun is shining bright in Colorado.

This is a charm quilt as every square is a different fabric.  It's always fun to search through my scraps to pick some of my favorites.  I've even included some of my best French fabrics from 20 years ago.


THE STATS:  "Springfest", 2021, 29"x29", Machine pieced, Machine quilted, 123 different fabrics.

I thought I would find something springy outside to photograph; but, alas, no such luck!  Maybe, soon. 

Find joy in this transitional season.

P.S.:  See that anchor in the lower right corner --- that's in honor of our grandson who is in the Navy celebrating his 19th birthday.
He is a joy we celebrate everyday --- the best Valentine present ever.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.



No comments: