Monday, September 19, 2022

LEGACY


 This is the last of the unfinished projects hiding out in my closet! It was a quilt top I made in a class at Quilt Colorado '98 entitled "Mason-Dixon Memories" taught by Marianne Fons. It was a great class about the fabrics and quilts of the Civil War.  We were instructed to bring to class fabrics and an idea using a Civil War era block.  There was some trading back and forth with other class members of fabrics in our efforts to construct quilt blocks under Marianne's tutelage. I loved the class and finished up the quilt top when I returned home, but never got around to quilting it.  Now is the time to quilt up the last of my favorite Betsey block projects.



THE STATS:  Legacy, 1998-2022, 50"x50", Machine pieced on my Singer Featherweight in 1998, Machine quilted in 2022 on my Bernina.

I enjoy quilt history; I enjoyed Marianne's class; and now I finally have my finished quilt to enjoy!  After so many years in the making, I regret only that now my shoulder and eye issues prevent me from quilting it by hand; or at the very least, doing a more condensed machine quilting design.  As the younger generation say today, "It is what it is!"



No comments: