Thursday, September 22, 2022

RED SKY AT NIGHT, SAILOR'S DELIGHT

 Whenever I see a red sky in the evening, it reminds me of an old mariner saying, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor's warning." The saying is based on Matthew 16: 2&3 in the bible.  It has special meaning for me now that my grandson is in the U.S. Navy submarine fleet.  I've had this quilt in mind for awhile to honor him and his fellow mariners.


THE STATS:  SAILOR'S DELIGHT, 2022, 32"X32", Machine pieced, machine quilted.

For this quilt I have used the "star sashing" concept that adds another design element to a quilt. I always like the look of those little stars in a quilt, but I now need a break from star points after doing these 200, 3/4" points!  


Here are three of my other quilts with "star sashing"; just different choices of color, fabric placement, and size.

KEEPSAKE STAR, 2001
"SPANGLED STARS", 2015-2022
"KEEPSAKE STAR RELIVED", 2021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stars close up are even more incredible!