Monday, January 9, 2023

CODE BREAKER


 You never know what inspiration for a quilt might be.  This was on the back of my morning Cheerio box.


 The design of this quilt, however, turned down a different road because inspiration often just spurs my thought processes further.  

  

I find that if I don't quilt at least a little every day, I get 'out of sorts'.  The pre-Christmas projects were done, and I had about 10 days until the holiday.  This is what you make when you can't get to the quilt store for an infusion of fabric and you scrounge in your stash for every suitable scrap and strip.
   I figured nothing better with plaid than the color of blue denim. 
One of the math brains in my family, at first glance at this quilt, was trying to figure out the code I used.  Sorry, no code just an old-school quilter using the 'grab and sew' method. 
This is a good (or bad) example of quiltmaking to the excess.  There are about 390 pieces in a 36" square of random patchwork selected from available in-house scraps.  For my frugal nature, this creative activity was very appealing. With me it's always the process, not the outcome!
THE STATS:  "Code Breaker", 2023, 36"x 36", Machine pieced, machine quilted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. And yes, I spent time looking for the code!