Friday, April 26, 2024

SPRINGING FORWARD

I'm trying to embrace the Spring season, but it is hard for me in my quilt life.  I am such a Winter person, and working with pastels and/or high-contrast, ditsy florals is not in my aesthetic (or in my scrap bins).  So, a Spring quilt is not always my most successful work!  This year I really seemed to lack enthusiasm, but this is my current effort.  Maybe next Spring I'll try again; but for now I will be going back into my quilt comfort zone!!

This quilt is based loosely on the milky way pattern from the Ladies Art Company in 1928.  It is an easy pattern once you figure out where the light, medium, and dark fabrics belong to bring out the tessellation pattern.  It is easy to sew together as only squares and half-square triangle units are involved.

THE STATS: Springing Forward, 2024, 27"x27", Machine pieced, machine quilted.




No comments: