Sunday, December 31, 2017

NEW YEAR'S QUILT RESOLUTIONS

Time to think about a plan for my quilting year.
My favorite quilt from 2017

  I really need to NOT spend so much time quilting in 2018.

1.  There is so much more around here that needs attention ---- the photo organization, for instance.  This has been an ongoing project for years with 1000s+++ of family photos dating back to the 1800s through the present. 
 2.  Out of my three quilt closets, two of them are a mess ---- need to get in there and see what I find!
3.  There are more pockets in our house that are in need of downsizing and decluttering ---- boring, but needed work.

  All that being said, I'm not giving up quilting time altogether.  As always, my goal is to use up more of my scraps/stash.  Along the way, the scraps/stash will need an infusion of new fabric; so I plan to buy a few new fat quarters every couple of months.  I have more ideas for quilts that are burning to escape my brain.  Below, is my Christmas gift to myself --- fat quarters, charm packs, and a piece of yardage all ready for a 2018 project.

  I plan to continue posting on my lifestyle blog, Salmagundi; and on this, my quilting blog, Q-Bits  ---- although maybe not as often.
My most-viewed quilt in 2017

That's my plan --- it's pretty loose and, of course, open to change.

Happy New Quilt Year!

I'm joining the following:
Cooking Up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Ems Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday

4 comments:

Sherrill said...

I finally broke down and got the next to largest Legacy Box to take care of the photo issue. My niece is contributing and once we get the thumb drive, we can copy and give to family members. Then I don't have to worry about losing photos in a house fire or some other accident.

Sarah said...

Have fun with your quilting goals in 2018. Who says you shouldn't spend your time quilting! 😋

Rebecca Grace said...

I agree with Sarah and Sherrill. Quilting is more important than organizing photos or cleaning out closets. Just think of how much joy and inspiration a quilt like the Dear Jane has brought to people over the years. I can't guarantee that one of your quilts will be hanging in a museum one day, but I CAN tell you that I'm 100% positive no one will remember you after you're gone for your neatly organized closets. Let it go, let it go... :-)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, your quilts are always amazing! I have really cut back on my quilting. I have started a beehive quilt and would like to finish it and a few other unfinished projects. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann