Sunday, February 11, 2018

VALENTINE SEWING

Sugar pink and red are not my granddaughter's usual palette --- bohemian chic is more her style!  So for her Valentine present this year, I came up with this heart garland.

 Made of two layers of felt and machine embroidered; each heart is reversible.
 I had to dig deep to recall my limited crochet skills to make the chain.  I was always lousy at crocheting ---- my grandmother said I looked like I was shoveling coal when I tried to crochet!

A fun project for one of my sweet valentines.

I'm joining the following:
Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Cooking up Quilts for Main Crush Monday
Em's Scrapbag for Moving It Forward Monday
Have a Daily Cup for Share Your Cup Thursday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your heart garland - a perfect gift for Valentine's Day! You did a great job on the crochet chain, too.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sally, it is so cute and fits right in her Bohemian style. Love the colors that you used! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann