Saturday, March 25, 2023

ANOTHER ROW TO HOE

There seems to be a resurgence in row quilts.  I thought it would be time for me to revisit this popular traditional quilt setting.  Running vertical, they are usually called strippy quilts; and horizontally they are called row quilts.


 Smaller units can be used together as connecting blocks to produce secondary patterns or they can also stand on their own.  In my design files, I have a collection of  4", 5", and 6" units; and refer to them often when searching for an idea.  Here are a few of my favorite 4-inchers.



THE STATS:  Another Row to Hoe, 2023, 30"x 40", Paper Pieced, Machine Pieced, Machine Quilted

I did something with this quilt that I prefer not to do.  After finishing the top, I started another project before completing this one.   I decided that it needed to sit and percolate before the quilting process. The concept was okay but I'm not all that comfortable working with pastel floral with high contrast fabrics; therefore I struggled with balancing the color placement.   It is now finished hoping the quilting redeems it!


Back to my comfort zone----

No comments: