Sunday, August 25, 2024

FALL MIGRATION


In this quilt, two simple blocks were combined, each block repeated 32 times, and  rearranged to produce a secondary quilt design. 


I like this new arrangement of the blocks.  It is different from quilts I have made using the two blocks previously, but I'm not happy with the choice of fabrics.  I try hard to embrace a bunch of bright colors together, but I can't seem to make them work cohesively.
To fully conquer this new layout, I'm beginning a table runner in this design with fabrics that better suit my aesthetic.  We'll see if it is the fabrics or the layout bothering me.  Check my next post on "Migrating Again".


THE STATS:  Fall Migration, 2024,  27" x 27", Paper pieced, Machine pieced, Machine quilted



Even the back is pretty bright, as I used scraps to piece it together!


The first quilt that I made using these two blocks was in 1988, and was pictured in an article I wrote for Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, issue #294 in 1995, about creating secondary patterns with two blocks.

Migration #1

 I made a second quilt in 1995 with the same two blocks, different color/fabric, with patches for signatures; and it was included with the pattern in my book, Keepsake Signature Quilts.

Migration #2



No comments: