Saturday, August 10, 2024

ORPHANS OF THE SEWING ROOM

 I'm in between quilting projects; plus my new washing machine was delivered this morning, and I have piles of laundry to do since my old machine died last week.   I was deciding what I was going to do in between loads, and guess it was time to tackle a big and messy project.

I have this plastic tub that I mindlessly throw in orphan blocks plus extra pieces I have cut and didn't use in projects.   Like in the Olympics; they tried hard, but just didn't make the podium.  Some of them didn't even make the trials, but still were worthy participants.

So, I'm conflicted -- do I save them or toss them all? Or, do I do half and half; save some, toss others?  When I'm long gone and had participated in the quilt world for many years, will someone find them as a treasure; or wonder what was that crazy old lady thinking?

No comments: