Friday, August 30, 2024

REVIVAL OF AN UFO


There has been a box marked UFOs sitting on the top shelf of my sewing room closet that I know hasn't been opened for at least 20 years.  I found lots of interesting things in it that I don't even remember making.  Among them was this quilt top.  In digging into my memory bank, I think it must be from about 2003.  That was the time I was busy making quilts for a book I was writing about combining two blocks to form secondary patterns.  The publisher then notified me that I had too many pages of quilts/patterns, and that I would have to eliminate two of them.   Obviously I wasn't going to need this one; so I must have just folded it up and stored it away.

I've decided to revive this unfinished project by quilting and binding it; if for no other reason, because the fabrics are interesting and from the early 2000s.  The design is simple, and I love the two traditional blocks combined.


THE STATS:  Revival, 2003-2024, 29" x 29", Machine pieced, Machine quilted.


My quilt making style has not changed much over the years -- I would still make this revival quilt again.




No comments: